Our Vision and Mission Statement
“Our vision is to create an outstanding school community where children learn, love and laugh together and adhere to our motto: TEAM – together everyone achieves more”
The Richard Clarke First School allows everyone to participate by:
- Providing a welcoming, safe, happy school where everyone is respected and listened to; a school where we take pride in ourselves and our achievements, enabling children to become confident and successful learners.
- Striving to be the hub of our local community and an integral part of our society; building and joining communities locally and beyond.
- Being a partner in the education of our pupils and being committed to working in partnership with our parents and wider community.
- Being committed to fully inclusive education.
The Richard Clarke First School encourages everyone to excel by:
- Striving for the highest possible standards of achievement and behaviour in a stimulating environment.
- Valuing independence, developing a deeper level of learning and providing a curriculum which enables our pupils to become active and healthy citizens of the future.
- Striving to be a school for truly excellent teachers, with quality leadership and where the staff are committed to their own learning journey and the sharing of quality practice.
The Richard Clarke First School enables everyone to be proud of their achievements by:
- Encouraging everyone to do their very best.
- Developing a love of learning inspired by quality teaching.
- Building and developing upon individual strengths and talents.
The Richard Clarke First School Core Values
|1. To provide a quality education and enjoyable learning environment that stimulates and challenges children, so that they can achieve high standards, in all areas of the curriculum. SUCCESS||We want to create a school:
• Which has high standards of achievement
|2. To promote the social, moral, cultural, intellectual, physical, and spiritual development of our children, which is sufficiently differentiated to meet the needs of all. CONSIDERATION||We want to create a school where our children:
• Are happy and safe
• Achieve behaviour and standards we are proud of by following the RCFS core values
• Are independent in their learning
• Begin the journey of lifelong learners
• Promote respect for themselves, others and the environment
• Develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
|3. To foster attitudes of individual responsibility and self discipline within an atmosphere of respect, co-operation and tolerance. RESPONSIBILITY|
|4. To provide a curriculum which reflects and celebrates the multicultural and multi-ethnic nature of society. CONSIDERATION|
|5. To encourage positive attitudes of learning, especially independence and confidence. RESPONSIBILITY|
|6. To prepare our children for the opportunities and experiences of adult life. SUCCESS|
|7. To ensure that opportunities are available for all, irrespective of race, religion, disability and gender, and to strive to be a fully inclusive school. TEAMWORK AND FRIENDSHIP|
|8. To promote good relationships with parents and the wider community to maximise every child’s potential. TEAMWORK AND FRIENDSHIP||We want to create a school where we:
• Encourage children, staff, parents and local community to work together as a team and care for each other
|9. To plan for and meet the professional development needs of all staff. RESPONSIBILLITY AND SUCCESS||We want to create a school:
• Where staff are committed to their own learning journey and the sharing of quality practice
|10. To work in partnership with the wider community so as to further raise pupil standards of achievement. TEAMWORK AND SUCCESS||We want to create a school:
• Which communicates effectively with stakeholders
|11. To continually review and reflect on the above aims in order to enhance and improve the quality of provision in our school. RESPONSIBILITY AND SUCCESS||We want to create a school:
• Which has excellent Leadership & Management
|12. To make sure Richard Clarke has the X-factor through:
|We want Richard Clarke First School to:
• Place the emphasis on having fun
• Place a strong emphasis on music, dance, sport, art and drama
• Embrace technology
• Promote outdoor learning