What is Sports Premium?
The government announced funding to support the delivery of PE and School Sport. Through the previous success of the School Sports Partnership programme and a commitment to ensure continued high standards of delivery in PE and School Sport, there is a desire to continue to provide a coordinated level of support to enhance the delivery of PE and School Sport. The government funding is ring fenced only to be spent on sport. The outcome is to improve teaching and learning.
The aims of the new primary school sport funding are:
- To increase participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics
- To increase and have success in competitive school sports
- For the physical education curriculum become more inclusive
- To grow the range of provisional and alternative sporting activities
- To improve the partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners
- To improve links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills
- To have greater awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health
How much do we get?
Each school receives £16000 plus £10 per pupil for pupils in years 1-6. For our school this equates to approximately £17000.
How is it spent?
The aim of the funding is to improve the quality and breadth of our PE and sporting provision and to meet this criteria we have identified a number of key priorities which include; investing in continual professional development for our staff; increasing the competitive opportunities available to all pupils; working in partnership with other schools to share expertise and resources and offering new and varied sporting opportunities for our pupils. The PE lead is responsible for agreeing a PE action plan at the beginning of each academic year. This document is a working document and is updated after each term with actual spend, evidence of impact, sustainability and next steps.
The documents below show how we allocate the money we have received, what impact it will have and our plans for using the grant in the future.
Previous Years Sports Premium Documents
- Uttoxeter Sports Partnership Update 2014-15
- PE Sports Premium Report 2013-15
- PE Sports Premium Report 2015-16
- Uttoxeter Sports Partnership 2014-15
- PE Action plan 2016-2017
- Sports Premium Report Impact Statement 2016-2017
- PE Action plan 2017-2018
- Sports Premium Report Impact Statement 2017-18
- PE Action plan 2018-2019
- Sports Premium Report Impact Statement 2018-19