Year Four Learning Zone
Hello, everyone! I would like to warmly welcome you to Y4. On this page, you will find lots of useful information including home learning (weekly) and other documents that you can download.
Y4 Home Learning Expectations
- Weekly English or Maths activity (approx. 30 minutes)
- Times Tables Rock Stars (3-4 times per week)
- Spellings (to learn; given out Friday and assessed the following Friday)
- Reading (5-10 minutes daily)
Please note: Some children may have alternative home learning and/or alternative spellings/phonics provided by a Teaching Assistant.
OCTOBER HALF TERM
As you can see, it will soon be time for the ROCK OUT 2020 event on Times Tables Rock Stars! We’ll need to get practising so we can make Richard Clarke First School one of the best when we take on other schools in England!
To help us get even quicker, we have a Boys vs Girls Y4 Band Battle taking place over half term! It starts on Friday, 23rd October at 8.00am and ends on Friday, 30th October at 4.00pm!
I would also like you to recap over this half term’s spellings. We have looked at the suffixes:
- -sion (words like invasion, decision, television)
- -ous (words like dangerous, poisonous, serious, mountainous)
- -tion (words like action, information, invention)
- -ssion (words like confession, discussion, permission)
- -cian (words like electrician, magician, musician)
- topic words (words like locomotive, network, government)
You can download a sheet to help you practise – just click here.
I have been so incredibly proud of Year 4 during the first half term. We celebrated with cakes and juice on Wednesday morning! But shhhh – don’t tell anybody! There is no further home learning for the half term – just make sure you look at those spellings, times tables and reading books. Make sure you keep washing your hands and staying safe. AND REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!
Remember… you should also:
- Read at home on your own or with an adult each day for 5-10 minutes, putting a comment in the reading record at least twice and getting an adult to check
Contact me: email@example.com
Please note emails are not checked outside of school hours/holiday periods
FOR PARENTS/CARERS: MEET THE TEACHER!
Year 4 is all about nurturing independence ready for the move to middle school – and developing important skills which the children can take with them.
Year 4 is based in the mobile classrooms here at school. Come and see us in action!
Our topics in Year 4 are:
- STREET CHILD! (Sep/Oct)
- INVADERS AND SETTLERS! (Nov/Dec)
- BRILLIAN BRITAIN! (Jan/Feb)
- THROUGH THE WARDROBE! (Mar/Apr)
- A NORMAN CONQUEST! (May/June/July)
The Year 4 Team is:
- Mr Hindhaugh (class teacher)
- Mrs Speake (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Johnson (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Burgess (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs Farrington (RE, PSHEe, Music)
- Mrs Murray (PE)
You may find the following documents useful: